Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chores & Take Out Thursdays

I have to laugh when Thursdays come around each week. The reason being is because of my wonderful husband, Mike.

Let me explain why Thursdays are now considered funny in our home. When I got further along in my pregnancy with Joshua, it became harder for me to do some of my "chores" here at the house (mopping, sweeping, laundry) so Mike re-worked the Chore List here at the house, giving the kids, mainly Jeremy and Brianna, more responsibilties.

Well, while he reworked the chore list he assigned himself to be the designated dishwasher on Thursdays. Since he did this, we NEVER noticed that on Thursdays, he would always call me and ask if I wanted something to eat and he would stop and pick something up on the way home. I thought he was being sweet and he really was. However, he had alterior motives..NOT WASHING DISHES! Ha ha ha!

I think that over time I would have eventually noticed this but Mike outed himself a few weeks ago and we had a good laugh about it. Well, we let the kids in on this little secret and they laughed and couldn't believe that dad was being sneaky like that.

Last week I got a text message from Mike before he left work about dinner and Brianna said, No make him was dishes, but I was not about to cook so we had take out.

Today was the first Thursday in a long time that I actually cooked..hot dogs on the menu for us Byrons today. The only items to be washed are two pots, one the hot dogs were cooked in and one that the chili was cooked in. We ate dinner on paper plates :)

Now on Thursdays, I expect to get a call or a text from Mike before he leaves work about dinner & I think I will continue to have take out on Thursdays. If I don't have to cook & Mike doesn't have to wash dishes, that means we will have just that much more time to spend together in the evenings with the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment