Friday, July 1, 2011

{Immunizations, Pink Cowboy Boots & Freedom}









My how time flies when all you want is for it slow down or stop altogether. It seems like just yesterday that we were walking through the front door with our little man. Now, he is two months old and has gotten his first set of shots. He is now weighing in at exactly 10 lbs. and has grown to 20-3/4 inches long. He has almost doubled his birth weight and is well on his way to bulking up!

For the last eight weeks I have been relegated to the confines of my 1980 sq. ft. house. Yes, we have taken the occasional trek out of the house (HEB, Dr.’s office, quick lunch with my mom) but I have always kept Josh under wraps, safe from the wondering germ that might attach itself to my precious little man and make him sick.

Now, we have the freedom to go out and about. If I want to take Bella to the library for story time, we can do that. If we want to take him to our favorite family hotspot (Houston Zoo) we can. If we want to go and visit family, we can do that! I know that germs can still attached and take hold of him, but he now has some form of protection and that gives me some peace of mind.

Bella, however, was none too happy about her baby brother having to receive the shots. She hates them. What little kid likes getting jabbed in the leg with what looks like a mile long needle? She actually cried more than Joshua did. She also told the Dr. under no uncertain terms was she to give Josh anymore shot…EVER! The Dr. thought it was so sweet that she has taken on the role of “protector”. She said that it is the tale-tell sign of a great big sister in the works. I wholeheartedly agree with her. Bella has been great with the baby. So have Brianna and Jeremy. They being the bigger brother and sister have helped out a lot.

Bella was also complimented on her Pink Cowboy boots while at the Dr.’s office. For those of you who know Bella know that we call her our own little “Imelda Marcos”. She has more shoes than Mike, I, Jeremy & Brianna combined! But for all the shoes she has had, there are only two pair that she has worn to the hilt, her white French fries shoes (named as such because they were white dress shoes that were made my McDonald’s Kids Clothing with the Golden Arches on the insole of the shoe) and her PINK BOOTS! She absolutely loves her pink boots. She got them this year for Go Texan Day at her school and has worn them with everything from jeans, shorts, skirts and her pajamas. Today she wore them with a blue skirt and polka dot shirt. Those are her go to shoes and if they make her happy, then who am I to tell her she is not matching.

Jeremy has earned a bit of financial freedom himself. He has now joined the working class. He is working part time at a local movie theater and has had the first taste of job perks (a preview of Transformers before it was released to the public) and the all so dreaded TAXES. He is not happy with paying taxes and Mike and I told him, join the club.

Brianna’s Quinceanera is just around the corner and we are in countdown mode now. Her dress will be lovely and she looks absolutely beautiful in it.
Mike is still working in Galveston. As much as he says the drive is long, I know that deep down, if he had his way, he would move our little family to the island. I wouldn’t mind, but only if we could live in a totally renovated old Victorian house.(I have been watching WAY too much HGTV)

As for me, I have suddenly realized that my time with Joshua and Bella will be coming to an end in six weeks. Wow, time does fly when you’re having fun. My heart breaks just a little bit when I think of having to leave them but I know that I will be leaving them in good hands and I will actually be happy to return to the land of the working.

So for now, I will be happy for the time I have been able to spend with all of the kids so far this summer.

Gotta love summer time and all that comes with it: the sun, the sand, the smell of Hawaiian Tropic sun screen and of course Pink Cowboy boots!








No comments:

Post a Comment