Monday, July 25, 2011

Joshua's 1st's

We know that there will be lot's of firsts for Joshua but this weekend was full of big firsts for US.

Joshua went on his first outings to the movies. I tested the waters earlier in the week with a trip to the movies to see Zoo Keeper, which by the was was funny! Then, Mike and I were extremely brave to take him to see one of our favorites, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. 

Josh at the zoo in comfort


Joshua did really well. I got to see the movie almost all the way through. I did my best mommy magic (no pun intended) to help this movie experience to well. I bathed him before we left and got him all comfortable and well fed. And it worked! He woke up towards the end of the movie but not screaming and crying. He was just up and wanted to be held. To be courteous of my fellow movie goers, I did take him out of his carseat and walked down to the little tunnel area to watch the rest of the movie. Mike said you could still hear him but it wasn't that bad.

I did feel bad because on my way to usher Johua out of the movies, I spilled our bag of popcorn and knew that when the movie was over, Jeremy (who works at that same theater) would have to clean my mess for a change. Okay, maybe I didn't feel too bad about it :)

Yesterday was Joshua's first visit to the Houston Zoo. He did well considering it was  extremely HOT. I purchased an attachable fan a few weeks ago with the intent to use it on just such an occasion and it worked wonders. Joshua's first visit to the zoo in the Houston heat went well.  He slept most of the time and didn't get to see any animals, but he was there and it was fun.


Daddy & Josh taking in the a/c at the zoo


I can't wait til he is Bella's age and can tell us exactly what animals he wants to see and he knows his way around the zoo, just like Bella does now.

To cap off the day, we took Bella to the splash area in Hermann Park near the reflecting pond. She and Mike enjoyed themselves as they splashed in the water. I sat that one out in exchange for the heat and keeping an eye on Joshua and Brianna. Though, I could I have used some cooling off, Houston in July is just HOT and reminds me of my other favorite U.S. town during the summer.


Gotta love the wet hair and smile from ear to ear!

The only way to beat the heat!

Bella trying not to get wet..didn't work


Memories of Joshua's firsts were made this weekend and we can't wait for the many more firsts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment